Unforgettable Moment

GOT MY ANKLE SPRAINED


Everyone has a moment they will never be able to forget. Whether a good one, or a bad one. And now, be prepared because I'm about to spill my story about an unforgettable moment that I've experienced approximately five years ago.

I remember, it was exactly August 17th. Indonesia was turning 67 that day. Me, my mom, my aunt, and my two cousins spent the day hanging out in one of Bandung's popular shopping center, Paris Van Java. 

A lot of stores were holding massive sales. Who doesn't love discounts? Exactly no one. Everyone is a big fan of discounts so are my mom and my aunt. They spent the time by hunting good stuffs with low price in almost all of the stores.

Me, and my cousins Novia dan Rafizki, got really tired following those two women around the mall. You know how women do when a huge sale happens. So, the three of us decided to go ice skating. The place was quite crowded when we got there. Actually, none of us could really skate lol. We struggled to walk on the ice rink, God, even we didn't know how to stand straight without falling on the ice over and over again.

But as the time passed by, we got used to the feeling of standing with only a blade underneath our foot, on the ice rink. Finally we learned how to skate and we started to skate around the rink. We were just having fun when the disaster walked in.

I don't know how it happened, I was walking slowly alongside the fence, my speed was REALLY REALLY slow, but BAM! I fell. I fell with my right leg first and ended up hurting my ankle.

It didn't really hurt at the first few minutes, my cousin Rafizki laughed when I fell and I joined him. But when he tried to pull me up, I realized that the injury was quite serious because I couldn't stand. It hurt to move my ankle and panic started to rush in my blood.

Rafizki struggled to pull me up and I struggled to stand up. Then my another cousin Novia skated over us and helped me along with Rafizki. But still, I couldn't move.

I was looking for my mom outside the rink but she couldn't be found anywhere around the place. I was about to cry because my ankle started to feel hurt so much. It wasn't just an injury, it was sprained.

Not to be dramatic but I felt like I was about to die. I thought that I would die if someone didn't help me that time. Don't cringe because everyone can be over dramatic sometimes.

But like a Superman came to save the day, an ice skating officer came to help. The three of them helped me get up for like ten minutes. Then they brought me to the nearest chair outside the ice rink. Wait up, I said that the officer was the Superman here? Well, that's a mistake. My bad.

Maybe he succeed to bring me outside that bloody ice rink. But after I sat down, he disappeared and I still don't know where he went. Like I mean, he knew I was injured and then he left me like that??!?!!??!?!?!

HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME AND MY POOR SPRAINED ANKLE?!

I didn't bring my phone, and neither did my cousins. We felt like lost puppies. We left alone with no phones. We really didn't know what to do. People started to look at me a.k.a the poor girl who fell shamefully on the ice rink. Being an emotional person I am, I the glared at people who wouldn't stop staring at me and my feet. I mean, isn't it polite to stare? It was really annoying no offense.

Back to the story, the officer didn't come back. At the first, I assumed he was going to take a first aid kit box or something like that, but turned out, maybe he was eaten by the earth. Whatever.

BUT THEEENNN, oh my god prepare yourself because the real Superman is about to come out!

This is the moment when the real Superman walked in in my pathetic story. A woman, she looked like around the early of 30, or maybe younger, I didn't really mind her personal information. She walked over to me and asked me if I was okay.

Of course I didn't answer because can't you see that I'm clearly not? Not trying to be rude but that's the truth.

She looked at my swollen ankle for a few seconds then told me that it was sprained. She said that it could get worse if I didn't go to see a massage therapist as soon as possible. She asked me where my mom was and I told her that I didn't even know and I didn't bring a phone with me.

You know what? I owe her so much because she offered me her phone to call my mom. I thanked her and almost cried my happy tears because someone finally really helped. I dialed my mom's number and you know what she did when her daughter fell pathetically on the ice rink?

She was waiting in a line in front of a shoe store that offered "Buy One Get One" sale.

When I struggled to hold back the pain from my ankle, she was happily shopping downstairs?

How could-- nevermind.

I told her every detail of my spectacular fall until she came to the place. I gave back the woman her phone and she massaged my ankle to make sure how serious the injury was. She gave me a cool gel (which I still don't know what it was) to the swollen part of my feet.

My feet was getting bigger and more purple and it was scary for a banana's sake. Before my mom showed up, the kind-hearted woman shouted for the officer to get a wheelchair for me. For a moment, I felt like I was Cinderella who was helped by a fairy Godmother.

She was both Superman and fairy Godmother combined in a shape. God, I love her so much. Then finally my mom came back with my aunt (and a bag of a shoe store of course). She looked panic when she saw me sitting lifelessly.

She thanked the woman and they helped me to sit on the wheelchair. Before I left the place, my fairy Godmother told my mom a place where I could find a good massage therapist. And the place was so close to my house and I was really REALLY grateful for it.

Finally, I said my last thank you and good bye to her. She waved me back and wished all the best for me.

She is one of the people that I will remember for the rest of my life. Even though I didn't get a chance to ask her name, I was really grateful for her.

My kind-hearted woman, if you are reading this right now, thank you so much for what you've done back then.  <3



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The Cutest Creature On Earth

It's All About Me!

Narrative Text