Making A New Friend

  Introduction Conversation  

    Today is Sunday, and the sun shines so bright. Yasmin is strolling around a park downtown. She really enjoys the fresh air in the park because the park has lots of green trees. She keeps walking around the park until she bumps into a guy who is standing under a tree.




Yasmin : I am so sorry!

Harry : It's okay, really.

Yasmin : I'm Yasmin, by the way. May I know your name?

Harry : Well, hello, Yasmin. My name is Harry.

Yasmin : You don't look like a native Indonesian, Harry. Where are you
from?

Harry : I'm from England. Quite far I know. My dad works here so I came along with
him and here I am.

Yasmin : Ahh, I see. I should've known it from your thick accent though.

Harry : It's pretty obvious, isn't it?

Yasmin : It is. Where do you live now, Harry?

Harry : Not so far from here. I live on Jalan Bengawan. What about you?

Yasmin : Just a few blocks away from yours. I live on Jalan Kliweran.

Harry : What do you do, Yasmin?

Yasmin : I'm a tenth grader of SMA Negeri 3. What about you?

Harry : Well, I'm a singer. I have a band, and we usually perform at lots of events. Like
a school event or a music festival.

Yasmin : Really? That's so cool! What kind of music?

Harry : It's a pop rock band. And now we're working on an album. Are you into that
kind of music?

Yasmin : Of course I am! I'm into almost all of kinds of music. I'm crazy for music. I have
to see your band play on the stage! It will be amazing!


Harry : Thank you, Yasmin. Maybe I should play at your school event. Who is your
favorite singer anyway?

Yasmin : Ed Sheeran because he's such a legend. And you're probably gonna be on the
list along with him, Harry.

Harry : Oh, don't be silly, Yasmin. I'm nothing compared to someone like him.

Yasmin : Don't be silly, Harry. Maybe not yet but I'm sure that you will. You're gonna be
on top of the world.

Harry : How could you say that and yet you haven't seen me on the stage?

Yasmin : I don't know. I just know that you will.

Harry : Thank you so much, Yasmin. That's a very nice of you.

Yasmin : What are your other hobbies beside singing? Someone like you probably has
lots of talents.

Harry : Not really. I'm only into music. How about you? I haven't heard much about you,
Yasmin. And I'd like to know.

Yasmin : Well, I'm the last person who you will find interesting.I spend my whole life with
novels. And sometimes I write too. You can call me a nerd, I won't mind though.

Harry : But you're a really cool person! And the fact that you write amazes me,
honestly. Writing is not as easy as it seems, right? Plus, you're really fun to talk
to.

Yasmin : You're really nice, Harry. We should be friends.


Harry : Well, we already are. It's such a privilege to meet you.

Yasmin : We have to stay in contact, Harry. Can I have yours?

Harry : Sure. Here you go.

Yasmin : Thank you! I had a blast talking with you. I hate to say it but I have to go now. I'll
see you around?

Harry : Sure! It is really nice to meet you. See you around, Yasmin!


And then, Yasmin waves Harry goodbye. She continues her previous activity in the park and so does Harry.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The Cutest Creature On Earth

Recommendation Letter

Announcement